Information for Incoming Students
As you prepare to attend UCSD School of Medicine, begin by selecting the appropriate year that you will attend the School of Medicine below.
Please read the items in that section and complete them if they apply to you.
- If you have not done so already, complete the UCSD Single Sign-On authentication process to establish a password to access the many UCSD computer systems. You will use this UCSD account information (PID and password) to access various UCSD systems - such as TritonLink and Housing. NOTE: If you attended UCSD as an undergraduate student, you should already have your PID and password created and can skip this step.
- You will need your AMCAS ID, the email address listed on your AMCAS application, your city of birth and date of birth.
- Go to this website: https://www-act.ucsd.edu/manage-sso/applicant.
- Enter your data on the form - input your AMCAS ID in the Application ID field. Click Continue.
- After authenticating yourself, your PID will be displayed. Write it down or print the screen to retain it for future use.
- Create your security question/answer and your password. Click Continue.
NOTE: Keep your password between 7-8 characters to avoid password issues with other campus systems.
- Review the Computer Ownership Requirements to be sure your existing computer will be sufficient to provide adequate academic computing needs, or to determine what is recommended when purchasing a new computer. NOTE: You will need the non-student version of Microsoft Office for Microsoft Exchange server support to enable individualized calendar synchronization with your mobile device.
- Sign up for UCSD Graduate Student Housing (optional).
- In July, you will receive your UCSD username and your UCSD email address. At that time, your Medical Education Web Portal access will be established and you use your UCSD username/password for login to view the SOM Orientation activities. You will also be able to login to your UCSD email account on the MedEd Exchange server via the WebOutlook application.
- Questions about financial aid? Please visit the UCSD SOM Financial Aid Office website
Applicants to the Class of 2012 will receive access to the status check page only after they are invited to submit a secondary application and have completed the "Single Sign-On" authentication to create a personal user-ID (PID) and password. If you have been approved for a secondary application, please click here to visit our status check page and use your PID and password to access the secondary application.
E-mail communications regarding decisions on secondary application invitations are typically sent within 4 - 6 weeks after the admissions office receives your verified application from AMCAS.
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: