SOM Teaching Faculty AccountsEdCom provides the UCSD SOM teaching faculty with access to systems used to deliver and manage medical eduation. Please see the details below. If you have questions, please contact EdCom for assistance.
Issued by Educational Computing (EdCom)
A MedEd Web Portal Account for access to:
- SOM curriculum database and course websites Electronic discussion forums
- Calendars of professional & social activities
- Address book with instructor options
- Secure delivery of individualized data (student grades, ISP Status, Advisors /Mentors, etc
- Web-accessible databases (Advisors, Research Opportunities, etc.)
To request a MedEd Web Portal Account:
- Please complete and submit a Help Request Form (https://meded-portal.ucsd.edu/help/error_report.cfm) to request a MedEd Portal account
Note: Teaching faculty will also be issued an account on the On-line Access to Student Information and Scheduling (OASIS) system to complete online evaluations.
Issued by UCSD
It is expected that faculty already have UCSD Network Accounts and Active Directory Accounts established through their home department.
A UCSD Network Account comes with:
- UCSD Network Username,
- A campus email account with an email alias, [ie., the "@ucsd.edu" email address],
- Web proxy authentication when off campus for access to restricted UCSD resources (e.g., e-reserves and library databases), and
- Wireless authentication for using the campus WiFi network.
An Active Directory Account (AD) that provides centralized authentication and resource management across UCSD. The AD account provides:
- Access to the campus productivity applications at the Biomedical and Medical Center libraries, and
- Authentication for selected Medical Center information systems.
Visit the websites below to configure your system according to the instructions provided:
- Configure web browser for web proxy access
- Configure laptop or PDA for wireless access on campus
- Register your laptop or PDA for on campus wireless access
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: