Web Portal - Calendar Export/Import
While using the Web Portal calendar, you may:
Export a date range from one or more CalendarsTo begin, click the Export tab just above the calendar.
There are four steps:
- Choose one or more calendars from the select box. To select multiple calendars, hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click (or Option + Click for Mac users). If a calendar does not appear in the select box, you need to add it as one of your calendars by using the 'Add/Remove Calendars' link in the calendar menu bar (see the main Calendar page for instructions).
- Choose a month/year from the drop-down OR enter a date range (must use mm/dd/yyyy).
- Select a download format. iCal is recommended for most applications including Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar.
- Click the download button. You will be prompted to choose whether to open or save the file (.ics extension).
- If you are using Outlook, you should choose the open option and select Outlook as the preferred program to open the file. The file will open as a shared calendar in Outlook, which can be overlayed with your other Outlook calendars.
If you are using Google Calendar, you should save the file and then import, otherwise only the first event listing may be imported.
NOTE: If you re-import an iCal file later, it may create duplicates of all events or give an import error.
Because Google Calendar supports multiple calendar instances, we recommend creating a unique calendar just for your UCSD SOM events. By isolating events into unique calendars you can later delete and re-import updates more easily. Follow the instructions below after logging in to Google Calendar:
- In the upper-right, click the circular tool, then Calendar settings.
2. Click Calendars tab, then Import Calendar. (If you want to create a unique calendar(s) for SOM related events, separate from your personal calendar, click "Create new calendar", then repeat step 1).
3. Select the file you downloaded earlier, choose a calendar to import into, click the Import button then close to complete the process.
4. On the top left, click Back to calendar, and your imported calendar events should show!
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: