Visiting Senior Students
UCSD School of Medicine welcomes eligible senior visiting students' participation in our senior electives as space permits. We work closely with visiting students to optimize educational opportunities for students in the final stages of their medical school training. This site is designed to provide you with in-depth information regarding eligibility requirements and clinical opportunities. We look forward to your presence at UCSD.
- Clinical elective experiences must be coordinated throught the Visiting Student Program. Please do not contact faculty or administrative staff directly to attempt to arrange clinical or research experiences.
- The Visiting Student Program does not offer observerships or research electives.
- Admission into the Visiting Student Program does not constitute admission or matriculation into UCSD School of Medicine.
Our program currently accepts applications as follows:
Students from North American (US, Canada, Puerto Rico) medical schools and osteopathic schools
Students who attend LCME-accredited medical schools and COCA-accredited osteopathic schools should visit VSAS for complete information about our program, including the application process, electives offered, and dates available. Please note that not all departments and electives are accepting applications from DO students.
Students from medical schools outside of North America
Students from medical schools outside of North America may be considered on a very limited basis. Please see Students From Foreign Schools for more information.
**Note: If your school is participating in the pilot phase of Global Health Learning Opportunities (GHLO), an American Association of Medical Colleges application service, you must apply using GHLO. To check if your school is a participating institution, click here.
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
- Curriculum Overview
- Educational Program Learning Objectives
- Core Curriculum
- 3rd Year Clinical Selectives
- 4th Year Clinical Electives
- Preclerkship Electives
International Health Electives
- Planning your Elective Time Line
- UCSD Requirements and Forms
- UCSD International Experience Database
- Send for applications NOW (sample letter)
- Funding Sources
- Travel Clinic, Immunizations, and Travel Insurance
- What to pack
- Passport Tips
- Recommended Books
- Airfare, Hostel Info., & Student I.D. Cards
- State and CDC warnings & Embassy Information
- Country Profiles, Travel Guides & Maps
- Add your experience & photos (contact info)
- Independent Study Project
Faculty and Student Support Services
- Opportunities to Participate in Curriculum
- Curriculum Committees
- Student Standing Committees
- Exam Proctoring
- Accommodation Requests
- Educational Development Grant Program
- Schedules and Calendars
- Visiting Senior Students
- MedEd Support Services
- MedEd Site Index
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: