Begins at the bedside
- Presence of systemic illness/sepsis/multiorgan failure
- to effect neurologic status?
- Individual neurologic problems?
arousal, awareness, orientation, memory
Cranial nerves, Reflexes and Motor function.
Is camino or ventriculostomy monitor in place.
Heart rate and blood pressure elevation can mean
- more pain. Hypotension can impair cerebral perfusion.
- Aspiration risk? Can patient protect
- the airway?
-hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia-diabetic coma?
- Can alter mental status.
Chemistry-abnormalities? Metabolic problems like
Confused or Agitated
Exhibiting signs of Increased ICP
Possible Overdose- Iatrogenic Prior to admission
Possible intracranial bleed