If you are open to missionary hospitals, or at least do not mind their stricter regulations, I suggest you try writing to them too. In very poor parts of the world, missionary hospitals tend to be the better equipped hospitals around. Also, compared to local doctors, missionaries are more likely to speak English and are trained in Western medicine.
Hospitals with established agreements with UCSD
Contact Dr. Simon six months to one year prior to elective time, unless other contact noted.
Dr. Harold Simon, Professor of International Health Policy and Director of International
Health Programs, University of California San Diego, Mail code 0622,
La Jolla, CA 92093-0622.
Ph: (858) 534-3473
Fax: (858) 534-4642
1. Buenos Aires, Argentina-Hospital Bar Ilan
2. Honduras-Hospital Tela Integrado
Dr. Sandra Daley, Program Director, or
Elsa Rojo, Program Coordinator,
Office of Student Development and Community Affairs
UCSD School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, #0616, La Jolla, CA 92093
Fax (858) 534-1513
- See International Database - Jennifer Jose's comments (login required)
- See International Database - Eda Chao's comments (login required)
- See International Database - Molly Capron's comments (login required)
- See International Database - Erika Bliss' comments (login required)
- See International Database - Jason Bryant's comments (login required)
3. Guayaquil, Ecuador: Sala Santa Maria del Hospital Luis Vernaza de Guayaquil, Universidad Catolica.
4. Krakow, Poland- Jagiellonian University
5. Tijuana, Mexico- UABC See International Database - Kristin Brownell's comments (login required)
6. Mexicali, Mexico-UABC
7. Yokohama, Japan- Yokohama City University
Dr. Ruth Covell, Dean's Office,
UCSD School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093
8. China- Bin Zhou Medical School in China
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation: