Review of Existing Elective Clerkships
The Electives Committee conducts a comprehensive review of all elective clerkships on a three-year cycle. An overview of the process is below:
- Course director(s) are contacted via email and asked to provide the information and materials requested on the Course Director Report form, including a copy of the current course syllabus.
- Electives Committee members will review the materials provided and present a summary for the committee. They may contact the course director(s) directly to discuss any questions or concerns.
- Only in exceptional circumstances would a course director be asked personally to attend an Electives Committee meeting to discuss a course.
- A summary of the Electives Committee's comments regarding the course will be prepared and sent to the course director(s) upon completion of the review.
Questions? Please contact the Electives Coordinator.
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
- Curriculum Overview
- Educational Program Learning Objectives
- Core Curriculum
International Health Electives
- Planning your Elective Time Line
- UCSD Requirements and Forms
- UCSD International Experience Database
- Send for applications NOW (sample letter)
- Funding Sources
- Travel Clinic, Immunizations, and Travel Insurance
- What to pack
- Passport Tips
- Recommended Books
- Airfare, Hostel Info., & Student I.D. Cards
- State and CDC warnings & Embassy Information
- Country Profiles, Travel Guides & Maps
- Add your experience & photos (contact info)
- International Health Electives
- Independent Study Project
Faculty and Student Support Services
- Opportunities to Participate in Curriculum
- Curriculum Committees
- Student Standing Committees
- Exam Proctoring
- Accommodation Requests
- Educational Development Grant Program
- Schedules and Calendars
- Visiting Senior Students
- SOM Block Schedule
- MedEd Support Services
- MedEd Site Index
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation:
meded « ugme « faculty and student support services « curriculum committees « review of existing elective clerkships